About the Account Management service
The goals of the Account Management service are:
- Simplify and standardize account management at CERN.
- Better differentiate Identity, Authentication and Authorization.
- Provide a lifecycle for identities, accounts and associated computing resources throughout the user’s activity at CERN.
The Account Management portal allows you to perform by yourself several operations on your accounts. For example, you can:
- View and manage your existing accounts
- Change your password
- Add a new email alias (a "convenience" address)
- Change your primary email
- Create new accounts
- Subscribe to Services and Applications, like:
- LxPlus, the Linux Public Interactive Logon Service
- Remedy, the Problem Tracking application
- Manage service-specific parameters, like:
- Your favourite Linux shell
- Your AFS quota
The following sections will guide you in more detail through the available operations and explain some common