Next Steps after activation
Welcome to CERN. Your Primary Account was automatically created, you have just received your credentials from the ServiceDesk or your supervisor.
The next step is to use this site to configure your account and mailbox preferences.
Account Management tools
The Account Management Portal: http://www.cern.ch/account
will allow to:
- Manage your Primary Account
- Change your password
- Create and manage Secondary and Service Accounts
- Manage service authorizations and settings
- Find Help and Documentation concerning Accounts and Resources
- Please immediately change your password through the Account Management Portal:
http://www.cern.ch/account -> Change
or reset Password.
- If you would like to change your login name, please go to
http://www.cern.ch/account and follow the procedure detailed on the Account Operations -> Special Operations Help page.
- You must
sign the computing rules acceptance within 5 days or your account will be deactivated.
- Check your CERN mailbox to read official communication by using your mail client or Webmail: http://www.cern.ch/owa.
- If you'd prefer to use an external E-Mail address instead of CERN Mailbox, please go to
http://www.cern.ch/account -> Manage My Accounts: provide an external address, and use it as replacement for CERN Mailbox.
- In the event of any questions or problems, please contact the ServiceDesk (phone
+41 22 76 77777 or mail to email@example.com)